What is the Status of Proposed Sex-Ed Curriculum?
We have heard this question from many of you and are asking the same thing.
Here’s what we know:
- Traci Davis, Superintendent WCSD spoke at a multi-faith event earlier this week. At this event she told the faith leaders of the community that the Board of Trustees has heard our outcry against this curriculum, and that they are going “back to the drawing board.”
- Katy Holland, Board of Trustees Vice President stated in an email today in reply to one of her constituents that the S.H.A.R.E. Advisory Committee’s recommendations will be presented to the board in June.
- Currently, a S.H.A.R.E. Advisory Committee Meeting is taking place where, according to the agenda, they are:
- Introducing their new member, Unitarian Universalist, Reverend Neal Anderson (who #StandwithPP, learn more here)
- Discussing additional revisions and forwarding to the Superintendent for review and comment of the 4th Grade S.H.A.R.E. draft curriculum.
We Need to Keep Them Accountable
The Washoe County School District Board of Trustees serve the public, yet they are being deceptive to those they serve.
At a public event with faith leaders in our community they say one thing, and in their board meetings and committee meetings do another.
What Can We Do?
Continue to email the Board of Trustees:
- Ask them to answer to the discrepancies in their statements
- Ask them to disband the S.H.A.R.E. Advisory Committee that has been out of compliance since it started over a year ago
- Ask them to oppose this curriculum
Share this email with your neighbors, friends and family