Washoe County SHARE Advisory Committee Discussing Sex-Ed Tonight
Tonight the Sexuality, Health and Responsibility Education (SHARE) Advisory Committee is meeting to discuss new sexual education curriculum in Washoe County schools.
Much of the newly proposed curriculum is put forth by a radical activist group called Advocates for Youth. Advocates for youth are strong supporters of Planned Parenthood and all other extreme liberal social ideology. The curriculum is lengthy, and there is a link to text at the bottom of the page.
Some of the “highlights,” are:
- References to Planned Parenthood as a resource for students.
- “Birth control basics,” including “emergency contraception” which is the “morning after pill” (also known as an early chemical abortion).
- Condom use demonstrations.
- Lists the drug stores where the morning after pill can “easily” be obtained, without parental knowledge or consent.
- Encourages students to approach adults other than their parents to discuss these controversial topics the curriculum covers.
- Claims that abstinence does fail, then goes on to say because sometimes you don’t stay abstinent. (If you’re not abstinent, that’s not abstinence failing)
- Promotes the “Gender-Bread” person, a figure used to promote the idea that gender isn’t binary, but rather a spectrum. Your biology don’t determine your gender but your feelings do.
A majority of the information provided in the curriculum is biased, skewed, and presented to promote one ideology. An ideology a majority of parents in Washoe County would oppose.
Links to the purposed curriculum:
Our children should not be used by activist organizations like Planned Parenthood and Advocates for Youth.
If you agree, here’s what you can do about it:
1. Attend the meeting tonight
Date: Wednesday, February 8th (tonight)
Location: WCSD Administration Building
425 East 9th Street
Reno, Nevada 89512
We know it is very last minute. We encourage you, if at all possible, to attend this meeting and voice your opposition to the implementation of this new curriculum.
2. Call and/or email the board members to express your opposition to the implementation of this curriculum.
What do I say?
Sample: No new curriculum should be implemented until parents have had sufficient time and access to review the curriculum, and hold a dialogue with the school board on this.
Washoe Board of Trustee Contact Info:
Angela D. Taylor
Katy Simon Holland
John R. Mayer